Monday, February 12, 2024

It's My Birthday!

Time truly does fly.  Another year has come and gone.  A majority of this year has been spent building our house, helping 5 kiddos with school work, cleaning and cooking and grocery shopping and doing all the things over and over again that seem small and overwhelming to me all at the very same time.  Yet I'm reminded that faithfulness even in the seemingly small mundane things matter and it's such a good life I've been blessed with.  


I had a great birthday.  Brandon and I went out Thursday night for dinner.


Friday morning I had to run up to Albany to pick up some groceries and then Maddie had to go potty... I'd already planned on driving through Starbucks for my birthday drink so instead of doing the drive through we went in.  Aubrey had no shoes and Maddie forgot about how bad she needed to go potty and never went, but it was actually nice to get out of the car with these 2 for once.  They really are growing up right before our eyes.
Maddie Jane

She only licked it.  Never took a single bite but when she offered it to Aubrey and Aubrey started to take a bite she was upset.  Go figure.

Aubrey


Aubrey on the other hand was all about the cake pop.


Katie invited me over for lunch with mom and all my sisters which was a lot of fun.  Should have gotten a picture of that.  Opps.  While we were there Amanda gave us dresses for the girls to try on for the wedding and I accidentally took Harpers so after pick up from school we swung back by to drop the dress off and Uncle Robert talked us into swinging by the dairy to meet Storms new puppies.





And we ended our day grilling burgers as is our Friday tradition.  Fridays are good days for birthdays I've decided. :)

One of our new traditions is to share something you like about the birthday person on their birthday.  This year I made sure to write them down so I wouldn't forget.  Usually the kids say pretty typical kid things but this year I really appreciated their complements.

Aubrey and Maddie said they like snuggling with me.
Evie said she likes that I'm her mom.
Hazel said she likes that I do homework with her.  (Funny cuz we fight about homework most days.)
Cooper said I don't know how you do ALL THE QUESTIONS!  (This made me laugh out loud.)
Wyatt said I like how even though you don't have a job it's like you have a little job and you work hard to take care of us. (Again laughing inside but sweet he recognizes how much work I do)
Sadie said I always make sure everyone has everything they need.
Brandon said I take care of my people better than anyone he knows and work so hard to make other people happy.

Anyway meant a lot to hear what they had to say and I wanted to record it so I wouldn't forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Troyer Addition: Week 57-58

March 30, 2024 Week 57-58 So much trim to build and sand and paint.  Some days we can't see the light at the end of the tunnel but we wi...