Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Happy 13th Birthday Wyatt!

CANNOT CANNOT CANNOT believe that our sweet little blonde hair blue eyed baby boy just turned 13!  It feels like just yesterday I was walking miles and miles huge and pregnant with Uncle Robert who had come down to surprise me for my birthday trying to induce labor.  

As a toddler we quickly realized how sweet Wyatt was and what a big heart he had.  He would do LITERALLY anything his big sister wanted and gave the very best hugs.  When it was time to leave small group or Grammy's house I remember him going around and giving every person a hug AND a kiss goodbye.  It was the cutest!!!!  I also remember the day when we were at the park with a new friend from church and I had to explain to him that he was to big to give EVERYONE a kiss.  It was a sad day!

That said he also had a stubborn streak that had me at the end of my rope many many times when he was little.

One of my greatest hopes for Wyatt as he grows is that he will see his personality, his soft heart, his intense desire for justice, his great sense of humor, his unwillingness to back down from a challenge, as the gifts that they are.  I believe God has uniquely equipped him to defend those in need, to stand up for what is right, and to protect the friends and the loved ones that God will give him throughout his life.

Wyatt has a strength of character that I think sets him apart from most boys his age.  He's not preoccupied with being the best or the coolest or the smartest although he is extremely smart and funny and athletic, but rather he is concerned with doing what is right, being a loyal friend, and having a good time.  I love that he doesn't take himself too seriously but rather just jumps right in and enjoys what life has to offer whether that's being a student, or a baseball player, or a part of the youth group, or even a big brother.  He has such a great attitude about so many things and I love few things more than watching him smile and listening to his crazy long stories.

So thankful for the man Wyatt is becoming and that God blessed us with such an incredible son.

Wyatt got his very first real gun a Ruger 10/22.

Not sure who was more excited about this.


We had Wyatt's buddy Cole over for dinner before they headed off to batting practice.


Saturday we celebrated again with the family!




Love this girl so much!  Our family is TERRIBLE, I mean really terrible at singing until we get to the silly part at the end and Payton's all in.  Makes it so much fun!

I'm gonna just keep saying this because I never want to stop being thankful for this family of ours.  Our homes bust at the seams for family gatherings, and they're loud (sooo loud), but these are our people and we love them so much!!!  So thankful that they've journeyed with us these past 13 years of Wyatt's life or however many they've been here for.   As I made his slide show I was just a puddle remembering the million memories and so so many of them are with these people.  We were younger for sure and a little less crazy back then but this is Wyatt's village and they'd do anything for him.  

It was fun to watch this slide show together and to hear the kids' excitement over the things they and remembered as they waited for things they knew were coming like new additions to the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Troyer Addition: Week 57-58

March 30, 2024 Week 57-58 So much trim to build and sand and paint.  Some days we can't see the light at the end of the tunnel but we wi...