Friday, August 5, 2022

Happy 7th Birthday Hazel!

We've taken to calling Hazel our spicy little nut because she is just that SPICY!!!  There are lots of big emotions with this one and self control can be tricky but it is mostly because she is just so full of life and excitement and energy and sometimes without meaning to she simply gets carried away.   She love playing Barbie games with her sisters, she loves her goats, she loves Taco Bell bean burritos, and as long as she's not to tired or hungry she's a hoot.  However, if you get her in a mood, you better watch out because she is small but mighty, little but oh so spicy!!!  

This was reinforced for us Hazel's first week of school.  This is her first year of full days, which means lunch at school and this kid came into the car day 2 ready to fight anyone who crossed her, especially Wyatt.  When I went to unload her backpack I found that she'd eaten almost nothing which explained everything.  So I ask her why she hadn't eaten her lunch a she replied at a volume 10  "People keep talking to me so I don't have time to eat and then we have recess and I don't know what to do because they're just talking to me and I can't eat!!!!!"  To which I reply take a big breath and tomorrow you are going to eat your lunch even if they talk to you or you are going to face your Daddy because no one is ready for your hangry self every day after school.

Hazel also starts some of our very best conversations.  While many times there are just too many words coming out of her mouth, there are other times, especially in the car when she asks some really good questions about God or heaven or something her teacher told her at school and it gets the whole care talking.  I love these moments and quite often they're started by Hazel.  One of my favorite conversations with her this year was about how God talks to us.  She was asking if God talks to us and I tried to explain that yes He does but not usually in an audible voice like we talk to each other.  I told her he talks to us in the Bible just like if I wrote her a note.  Anyway, I did my best to explain and when I paused she said very matter of factly, "Oh, well I think He talked to me once."  I asked her what He said and her reply was, "I was scared of our house catching on fire and He said not to be scared."  

Oh how we love our spicy little nut!!!  
She makes us laugh and she makes us crazy and we love her more than we can say.   May God use ALL her spiciness for His glory and may she always ask great questions and listen for His voice.

Happy 7th Birthday Hazel!!!



Birthday lunch at Taco Bell



Setting up the Fairy Garden



No comments:

Post a Comment

Troyer Addition: Week 57-58

March 30, 2024 Week 57-58 So much trim to build and sand and paint.  Some days we can't see the light at the end of the tunnel but we wi...