Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Swimming Lessons

Cooper, Hazel, and Evie took swimming lessons this summer.  Cooper didn't really need them but it always takes me awhile to feel totally confident in their ability to swim summer to summer as we just don't get to spend as much time in the pool as we'd like to.  Anyway so he did great, Evie gained a lot of confidence going under water and with some basic skills, and Hazel complained the entire time that although she was in level 2 they were only teaching her level 1 things.  Nearly ever day she'd tell me "I can swim, they just won't let me."  I believed her not at all because this is typically of Hazel.  However, I still wished they'd pushed her a little bit harder.  

Anyway, so at the end of the lessons they told me that she should repeat level 2 because they didn't get to all the skills.  Apparently this was because they don't move forward until the whole class is ready.  At this point I thought well maybe she had a valid complaint after all, but swimming lessons were over so there was nothing to be done about it.  

Fast forward to the next day in Caldera (we drove straight from swimming lessons to our family vacation in Caldera Springs) and Brandon lets her swim without her puddle jumper.  I was not comfortable with this so we went back and forth letting her in and out of it as we were able to carefully monitor her but by golly she knew how to swim and by day 3 she was a little fish not wearing it at all.  I tell you what of all of our kids she has to be the most determined and she now can claim the spot of earliest swimmer.  Way to Go HAZEL!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Troyer Addition: Week 57-58

March 30, 2024 Week 57-58 So much trim to build and sand and paint.  Some days we can't see the light at the end of the tunnel but we wi...