Saturday, June 11, 2022

Mighty Mia Scully

While we had a photographer we also had her take some pictures of us in the shirts I made to support some of our very dearest friends the Scully's.

The Scully's were our neighbors in Glendora, they have 6 kids, 5 girls just like us, they are family to us, and their sweet daughter Mia was diagnosed with leukemia in October.  Such heartbreak often feels to much to bear and yet we have the great privilege of walking beside one another in prayer and encouraging one another to cling to the ONLY ONE who can carry us in these days of trouble.  

For we believe that there truly is another in the fire 

There's a grace when the heart is under fire
Another way when the walls are closing in
And when I look at the space between 
Where I used to be and this reckoning
I know I will never be alone

There was another in the fire
Standing next to me
There was another in the waters
Holding back the seas
And should I ever need reminding 
Of how I've been set free
There is a cross that bears the burden
Where another died for me

And there is no other name
But the name that is Jesus
He who was and still is
And will be through it all
So come what may in the space between
All the things unseen
And this Reckoning
I know I will never be alone

There is another in the fire

These have also been on repeat in my house as we've cried out for Him to intervene mightily on behalf of this brave sweet girl and as we find ourselves at times in need of reminders of His faithfulness.  There are days and seasons where it feels easy to praise Him and then there are others when we must literally command our hearts to praise Him because we believe but Lord help us in our unbelief. (Mark 9:24)  On these days filling our hearts and minds with truth seems to help. 

From the gravest of all valleys
Come the pastures we call grace
A mighty river flowing upwards
From a DEEP but EMPTY grave.

Oh I will praise You on the mountain
And I will praise you when the mountain's in my way
You're the summit where my feet are
So I will praise You in the valleys all the same
No less God within the shadows
No less faithful when the night leads me astray
Cause You're the Heaven where my heart is
In the highlands and the heartache ALL the SAME!


Verse 1 Praise Him with the sunrise When the day has just begun Praise Him with the chorus of the dawn Praise Him when your eyes discern Provision from afar Praise Him every beat of your heart Verse 2 Praise Him as you go your way Upon the fickle earth Praise Him whether bearing fruit or dirt Praise Him in the harvest Or when the yield is lost Praise Him every beat of your heart Chorus Praise the Lord, oh my soul With all my soul, praise the Lord Through the day and through the night Oh my soul, praise the Lord Verse 3 Praise Him as you lay your head Upon your bed tonight Praise Him though the shadows come alive Darkness is as light to Him He keeps you in His charge Praise Him every beat of your heart Verse 4 Praise Him when the work is done And feeble hands retire Praise Him with the fading of the light Praise Him that He knows your frame And bears you in His arms Praise Him every beat of your heart


And so we pray and pray and pray and ask you to join us in praying for strength for this family.  For strength and healing for Mia's body and for God to glorify himself in this unimaginably difficult time.





WE LOVE YOU SCULLY FAMILY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Troyer Addition: Week 57-58

March 30, 2024 Week 57-58 So much trim to build and sand and paint.  Some days we can't see the light at the end of the tunnel but we wi...