Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Halloween 2022

Usually I enjoy figuring out costumes and a theme for the kids but this year it all just felt really, really overwhelming.  I think part of it was that I put more time into Sadie's 13th birthday than I usually do so I kinda got behind, but it was also because it's still really hard to get out with the twins.  Few outings are worth it and Halloween costumes always seem to take multiple trips to Goodwill and the dollar store not to mention the time it takes to put them together and none of that felt doable.  

Unfortunately I also went on a cleaning spree this summer and got rid of most of our costumes.  GREAT TIMING. :)  Anyway the kids were pretty good sports about it all.  The 4 little girls picked from the costumes left in our dress-up box, Sadie was a cat, Wyatt wore his baseball uniform, and on our one trip to Goodwill Cooper actually found some football pads.  So I ordered him some pants and he wore his Beavers jersey.  It was definitely the least amount of work we've ever done and honestly it was kinda nice.  I'm undecided as to whether or not I'll be going back to matching.

Funny that although we didn't spend much time on the costumes I actually did take time to take the pictures I've forgotten to take the last 2 or 3 years.  Go figure!



They're all such good sports letting me have my fun taking their pictures. :)
Cooper: A Beaver's Football Player

Evie: A Sweet Unicorn

Wyatt: A Baseball Player

Maddie: A Silly Little Piggie
(This was a last minute change from Anna)

Sadie: A Sassy Black Cat

Hazel: A Spicy Mermaid


Aubrey: Beautiful Elsa

Brian and Amy do an awesome job of hosting this wild crew and their neighborhood is awesome for trick or treating.  This year their neighbors joined us along with Cooper's buddy and his mom who is Hazel's teacher.

Apparently I have another Evie.  Maddie's tongue was out in every single picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Troyer Addition: Week 57-58

March 30, 2024 Week 57-58 So much trim to build and sand and paint.  Some days we can't see the light at the end of the tunnel but we wi...