Friday, July 29, 2022

My 40th!

Well it's here the big 40!  It feels like a big deal and it doesn't.  Honestly it's just another year and although parts of getting older aren't great and it really makes me miss my Dad and realize how terribly young he was when we lost him, there are so many other parts that are wonderful!  Like feeling generally more settled and content with who I am and where God has me and understanding more and more the blessing it is to be able to reflect on so many years of growth and blessings.

I always feel a special connection to the Scully family on my birthday as I share a birthday with the sweetest set of triplets I know.  Happy Birthday to Audrey, Elsie, and Quincey!!!  Praying hard for their sister Mia today!!!

Brandon was so thoughtful this year.  He collected cards and notes from friends and family which were so kind and encouraging.  I felt so very very loved!

Free birthday treats are this Dutch woman's favorite!

Also Target.  Decorations for Katie's shower/a little birthday splurge.

Kendra came by with this llama planter.  Isn't it the cutest!!!

Brandon's mom sent these beautiful daisies.

Brandon invited the family over for dinner which he had catered from the Mexican restaurant here in Jefferson.  So yummy and such a special treat!!!


Amy bought me this amazing pot filled with filled with flowers.
I LOVE IT!!!


And Katie brought me a bottle of wine.

Feeling so thankful for the family and friends who took the time to make me feel loved and celebrated today!  And especially thankful for how thoughtful Brandon was in planning this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Troyer Addition: Week 57-58

March 30, 2024 Week 57-58 So much trim to build and sand and paint.  Some days we can't see the light at the end of the tunnel but we wi...